Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Are We Nearly There Yet?...Yes Darling, Not Far....Now Shut Up And Do Your Puzzle...

           ...."I hear there is a finger-licking Blues Festival over there!"....           

Doubtless you have been wondering, over the years, where The Hat gets his fabulous musicological insights and stunning apercus; his understanding of the Meaning of Life, Capital Letters and his paragraph-long sentences - and what huge Learned Tomes he keeps beside his opulent king size bed. Well I couldn't possibly comment on that - but I will point you in the direction of a small, but neverthless excellent reference book. It's called “What Would Keith Richards Do?”  

As the UK's Best Blues Festival kicks off this week-end, The Hat thought he would consult Keef - who knows nearly everything and is famous for saying when he arrives at a gig "It's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere" - just to see how he might deal with that deadly "Are We Nearly There Yet?" question.... 

After nights of deep thought, we have come up with The Perfect Solution.

Consequently, the The Hat is able to bring you a Fiendish but Useful Diversion....what you might call a Free Travel Plan.  As you get ready to party in Down-Town Hebden at the weekend, here is a really really Irritating Puzzle Game of Appropriate Lyrics for you to solve as you make your determined way to blues heaven. No Prizes and Google is Out Of Bounds. Go on, go on – you know you want to.....

1 ….”well I wake up in the morning. There's frogs inside my socks”....

2 ….”I've been talking to my angel and he said it's alright”....

3 ….”dragged a comb across my head”....

4 ….”We gotta get out of this place”..

5 ….”I know I need a small vacation”....

6 ….”all my bags are packed I'm ready to go”...

7 ….”I'm ready, I'm ready as anybody can be”....

8 ….”Need a shot of rhythm and blues with just a little rock 'n roll”....

9 ….”got a ticket for my destination”...

10 ….”There's slow, slow train coming up around”....

11 ….”I got my ticket to heaven”...

12 ….”and I live by the river”...

13 ….”and That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh"...

14 ….”I got to keep moving, I got to keep moving. There's a”....

15 ..."When whippoorwills call and evenin' is nigh"...

16 ..."I'm on my way from misery to happiness today"....

17 ....”Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time”....

18 ….”Tonight we need no rest, we're really gonna throw a mess”....

19 ….”worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends”....

20 ….”Hard luck and trouble been my only friend”....

21 ….”What'll you do when you get lonely?”....

22 ….”Forget about your sin. Give the audience a grin”....

23 ….”but I have many friends and some of them are with me”...

24 ….”Human kindness is over-flowing”....

25 ….”You've been running all over town”...

26 ….”I said dance, dance little sister, dance" 

27...."Acting funny, but I don't know why”....

28 ….”The crowd called out for more”....

29 ….”Where are we now? Where are we now?”....

30 ….”And here we are in heaven”....

I found out today that if you put Tinfoil in your Hat 'THEY' can't read your brainwaves. I might give that a go. I think my friend Keith would approve.  Have a cracking Festival!

Pip Pip!
The Man In The Hat